These original "S-Types" (3.4S/3.8S) make wonderful daily drivers, or fully restored show cars! They handle better than the Mk II's (having power steering and independent rear suspension like the larger Mk X's) but maintain the more-practical narrower width of the Mk II's.
This particular example is very complete, 100% "matching numbers", very original, a well-documented rust-free California car - and it starts, drives and stops very well! It comes with its Jaguar Heritage Certificate, confirming the 100% matching numbers correctness of its Chassis, Body, Engine, and Transmission. Some enjoyable time and a bunch of new parts have recently been invested in a mechanical overhaul to bring it to its good driving condition:
* Cooling - new radiator, water pump, belt tensioner, hoses, coolant.
* Fuel - rebuilt pump, dual SU carbs, filter.
* Ignition - rebuilt distributor with points conversion to Pertronix, new cap, rotor and plugs.
* Electrical - new battery, dash switch cleaning, wiring harness repairs.
* Brakes - rebuilt Lockheed servo, master cylinder, new fluid.
* New tires, power steering hoses and fluid...